The Akua Classic event begins on Saturday July 6th at 6pm with check-in, open wave, BBQ, a tandem and strapped rider exhibition, and entertainment by the Sly Richard Band.
Practice begins at 8am on 7/7 and the amateur competition kicks off at 9am. Riders may compete in bodyboarding or flowboarding division for prizes and awards. The divisions include: Adaptive, Youth (under 12), Junior (13-17), Women (18-34), Men (18-34), and Masters (35+) amateur divisions. There must be at least 3 competitors in each division. If your selected division does not have the minimum number of competitors you will be moved into the most equivalent division.
The Pro Division - Flowdown® caps off the competition day. Professional riders, across all divisions, will split the following purses:
1st Place : $1500
2nd Place: $1000
3rd Place: $500
In addition, the overall winner of the Flowdown® will win the Grand Prize of a 5 night stay, excluding travel, to the Rincon Surf School & Resort in Rincon, Puerto Rico.
- Division Registration Fees
- Akua Classic Kick-off All American BBQ on Saturday Evening
- Live Music on Saturday evening by the Sly Richard Band
- Tandem & Strapped Exhibition
- Access to the open wave on Saturday from 6pm - 9pm
- 25% off General Admission on Saturday 7/6 from 10am - 6pm